Information We Collect about You
We may collect Personal Information, including sensitive data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. Sensitive data includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile, lifestyle) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing sensitive data to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of sensitive data as permitted by applicable privacy laws. We may also collect your geo-location information with your consent. We may collect this information through a website, mobile application, or other online services. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in countries around the world.
Information You Provide
You will be asked to allow Floca to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other Floca users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
We use your contacts to find the persons from your agenda and match you with them as friends on Floca. You provide us, all in accordance with applicable laws, the phone numbers of Floca users and your other contacts in your mobile address book on a regular basis, including for both the users of our Services and your other contacts. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may help you identify your contacts who also use Floca, and you can create, join, or get added to groups and broadcast lists, and such groups and lists get associated with your account information.
Use of Technologies to Collect Information
We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Service.
Information Collected Automatically
We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, and the referring website address.
Cookies and Use of Cookie and Similar Data
When you visit our Service, we may assign your device one or more cookies or other technologies that facilitate personalization to facilitate access to our Service and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you Floca advertisements on other sites or applications.
We embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page is viewed). We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance (such as how many people clicked on an ad).
Mobile Device IDs
If you're using our app, we use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), or Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in “Settings” on your iPhone. Ad companies also use device IDs or Advertising IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage.
Information Collected by Third-Parties for Advertising Purposes
We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Service and elsewhere. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any non-masked or non-obscured personal information to third parties. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. Opting out will not decrease the number of advertisements you see.
How We use the Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- website or mobile application analytics;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions; and
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
If your Personal Information is submitted when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your Personal Information, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information, which may include your name and contact information, prior education and experience, and other information you provide to us, may be shared with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us.
With Whom We Share Your Information
Information Shared with Other Users
When you register as a user of Floca, your Floca profile will be viewable by other users of the Service.
We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements or policies. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or Non-Personal Information
We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with other Match Group companies and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Service and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, advertising, marketing, or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reﬂect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. We may also share your geolocation information in de-identified form with Match Group companies and third parties for the above purposes. To opt out of the sharing of your geolocation information, please discontinue use of the Floca application.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide the opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
How You Can Access And Correct Your Information
If you have a Floca account, you have the ability to review and update your personal information within the Service by opening your account and going to settings. Applicable privacy laws may allow you the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in your personal information that is in our custody or under our control. Our Privacy Officer will assist you with the access request. This includes:
- Identification of personal information under our custody or control; and
- Information about how personal information under our control may be or has been used by us.
We will respond to requests within the time allowed by all applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. Any corrections made to personal information will be promptly sent to any organization to which it was disclosed.
In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information we hold. For security purposes, not all personal information is accessible and amendable by the Privacy Officer. If access or corrections cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request within 30 days, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
When you use Floca, we will collect information about WiFi access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude. That information helps us identify your physical location so that it can be displayed and shared with other members choosing to view “nearby” posts.
If your location is on and you want to close it, you can do it by following the steps: profile, settings, location, share my location off.
Warnings, suspensions and blocks
We strictly forbid certain content and actions to protect our community. If your content or action is taken under review, our team will decide if it violates our policies and may send you a warning. Please understand you will only be warned once.
NOTE: The second time you violate our Community Standards, your account will be suspended for 24 hours.
Account suspended for 24 hours
If you get a second warning within the same day as your first warning, your account will be suspended for the next 24 hours. This means, during this time, you won’t be able to use Foca. If there are no further violations, your account will be restored after the 24 hour period.
NOTE: The third time you violate our Community Standards, your account will be suspended for 7 days.
If you think we made a mistake let us know here
Account suspended for 7 days
If you get a third warning within a 7 day period as your second warning, your account will be suspended for the 7 days. This means, during this time, you won’t be able to use Foca. If there are no further violations, your account will be restored after the 7 day period.
NOTE: The fourth time you violate our Community Standards, your account will be permanently blocked.
If you think we made a mistake let us know here
If you get a fourth and final warning within a 30 day period as your third warning for violating our Community Standards, your account will be permanently blocked. This means you will lose all of your content, visibility, popularity and progress you have on Floca.
If you think we made a mistake let us know here
On Floca we do not allow any content that sexualizes minors. Your Floca Account will be deleted immediately if we detect any kind of content with child sexual abuse imagery, furthermore, we will report this to the appropriate authorities.
On Floca we do not allow sexually explicit content, bullying, unapproved substances content, illegal activities, violence or other dangerous activities and terrorist content.
On Floca we do not allow hate speech (ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender or any characteristic that can be associated with discrimination or marginalization of any kind).
Integrity and authenticity
On Floca we do not allow spam (more than 5 consecutive photos posted under 1 minute), false news and misrepresentation.
On Floca we take intellectual property rights seriously. The content you share and post is owned by you. Before sharing said content, please make sure you have the right to do so. It is necessary that you respect other people’s copyrights and other legal rights.
On Floca we do not allow upload any adult content in the form of pictures, videos or texts.
On Floca we do not allow any kind of advertising content.
Your Choices about Collection and Use of Your Information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Service because such information may be required in order for you to register as user; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information You Provide about Yourself While Using Our Service
We provide areas on our Service where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others. Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
If you are from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by Floca from your region to countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area, including the United States. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
In order to use FLOCA application and in order to be able to provide our services, it is necessary to have your express agreement on our terms and conditions. You agree to our terms by registering, installing, accessing or using our applications, services, features, site or software.
We appreciate the trust you give us by providing us your information and we intend to demonstrate that you can trust us. We want to make sure you understand the nature of the information we collect, the reason for collecting this information, how it is used and your choices in regards to your information. This policy describes our privacy practices in plain and simple language without the use of specialized, technical or legal language. It is necessary you use our services in accordance with our terms and policies. In the event of a violation of our terms or policies, we may take action on your account, including disabling or suspending your account, and you will not be able to create another account without our permission.
THIS COMES INTO FORCE AS OF: May 25, 2018
1. About us
3. What data do we collect
5. What do we need the collected information for
6. Exchange of information
7. Data transfer
8. User rights
9. US residents
10. How do we protect your data information
11. Storing information
13. Changing privacy policies
14. How to contact us
1. ABOUT US
3. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT
In order to create meaningful connections, we need information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you want to meet. We also collect information generated while using our services, such as access logs as well as third-party information, such as when you access our services through a social media account.
You have the possibility to give us certain information when you use our services, such as:
- REGISTRATION. When creating an account, you provide us at least the login details and some basic details required for the service to work, such as gender and date of birth
- You need to register to use our application through the use of accurate information, you must also provide your current mobile phone number and, in the event of a change, update your mobile phone number with our in-app change feature. You agree to receive text messages and telephone calls (from us or our third party suppliers) with codes to register for our services
- When you fill out your profile, you can share additional information, such as details about your personality, lifestyle, interests, and other details about you, as well as about content such as photos and videos. To add specific content, such as images or videos, you can allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide can be considered "special" or "sensitive" in some jurisdictions, example of this is racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. If you choose to provide this information, you agree to the processing of this information.
- Partaking in polls or discussion groups, you may give information about your personal and friends' opinions
- If you choose to participate in our promotions, events, or contests, we collect the information you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer support team, we collect the information you provide to us during the interaction. We may at times monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate or process information of others in a different way (for example, if you ask us to send an email in your name, to one of your friends), we collect the information about others you give to us, in order to complete your request.
- We do, of course, process chats with other users as well as the content you publish as part of the services functionality.
- In addition to the information you give us directly, we receive information about you from others:
- Other users
Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For example, we can collect information about you from other users you interact with.
- Other partners
We can receive information about you from our partners, for example, if FLOCA ads are published on our partner sites and platforms.
- When using our services, we collect information about the features you have used, how you used them, and the devices you use to access our services.
- Use of information
We collect information about your activity on our services, such as how you use them (the date and time you have logged in, the features you've used, the searches, clicks, and the pages that have been shown to you) and how you interact with other users (the users you connect and interact with, the time and date of your changes, the number of messages you send and receive).
- Device information
We collect information from and about the devices you use to access our services, including:
- Hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and device type, device and application-specific settings and features, application drop-downs, advertising IDs (such as Google AAID and Apple IDFA , both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset to your device settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, cookie identifiers, or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device, or your browser (for example, IMEI / UDID and MAC address);
- Information about your wireless and mobile connection, such as your service provider, and the signal strength used.
- Device sensor information such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
- Other information with your consent
With your agreement, we can collect your precise location (latitude and longitude) by various means, depending on the service and device you are using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. Collecting your geolocalized location may be in use while in the background, even when you do not use the services, if your permission expressly allows such collection (only iOS). If you do not give us permission to collect your location, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you agree, we can collect your photos and videos (for example, if you want to publish a photo, video, or streaming service).
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) have a "Do not Track" ("DNT") feature telling a site that a user does not want to track their online activity. If a website responding to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser may block the website from collecting certain browser user information. Not all browsers offer a DNT option, and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many applications, including FLOCA, are currently not responding to DNT signals.
5. WHAT DO WE NEED THE COLLECTED INFORMATION FOR
By using the information you provide to us, we are trying to improve our services. In addition, we use your information to conduct our business safely for both us and you, also to provide advertising that may be of interest to you.
To manage your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account.
- Provides customer support and response to your requests.
- Complete the transactions
In order to help you connect to other users
- Analyze your profile and other users to recommend meaningful connections
- Show user profiles to each other
To ensure a consistent experience on all your devices
- Connect the different devices you use, in order to enjoy a consistent experience with our services. This is achieved through the connection of the devices and browser data, such as when you connect to your account through different devices, or using the partial or complete IP address, browser version and other similar information about your devices to help them be identified by you and connected.
- Sign up and display your profile on the new FLOCA features and applications.
- Develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and on other sites.
- We communicate to you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services we think you are interested in.
In order to prevent, detect and combat fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Identify the alleged inappropriate behaviors in and out of the application.
- Perform data analysis to better understand and create countermeasures against these activities
- Keep data related to fraudulent activities to prevent recidivism
To ensure legal compliance
- Respect legal requirements
- Assisting law enforcement
- Implementing or exercising our rights, for example, our Terms
In order to process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Providing our service for you: We will use your information to maintain your account and profile, to be able to display it for other users to see, and to recommend you to other users
- Legitimate interests: We can use your information if we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we analyze users' behavior on our services to continually improve our content and offers, we make offers that we believe might interest you, and we will process information for administrative detection, fraud and other legal purposes.
6. EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
We share information with other service providers and our service partners, other companies, and in some cases with legal authorities.
With other users
Share information with other FLOCA users, individuals, or apps (with which a FLOCA user may choose to share) ,when you voluntarily disclose service information (including your public profile). We ask that you keep an eye on your information and make sure that the content you share is a matter that does not bother you to be viewed by others because neither you nor us can control what others do with your information once you have shared it.
If you choose to restrict access to your entire profile or part of your profile or to certain content or information about you, then the visibility of this will be depending on your settings.
With our service providers and our partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties help us with various tasks, including hosting and data maintenance, analysis, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We can also share information with partners who distribute and help us in advertising our services. For example, we may share limited information about you in easy to read, non-human readable forms, to advertisers.
We are following a strict verification process before hiring any service provider or working with any partner. All our service providers and partners must accept strict confidentiality obligations. We share your information with other collaborating companies to help us process your information as service providers as per our instructions and on our behalf. Partner assistance can include technical processing operations such as hosting and data maintenance, customer support, marketing and target advertising, financial and accounting assistance, a better understanding of how our services are used, and user behavior for improvement of our data and systems, and fight against spam, abuse, fraud, violation of rights and other misconduct.
We can also share user information with other companies to remove users who violate our Terms of Service or have been reported for criminal activities and / or incorrect behaviors. In some cases, we can remove that user from all platforms.
For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are wholly or partly involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When it is asked by law
We can provide your information if necessary: 1. Comply with a legal process, such as a court order, a quote or a search warrant, a government investigation, or other law enforcement or other legal requirements; 2. To contribute to the prevention or detection of offenses (subject to the applicable legislation in each case); 3. To protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights
We can also share such information: 1. If disclosure would diminish our liability in a real or threatened process; 2. as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of users, business partners or other stakeholders; 3. To comply on our agreements with you; 4. Investigate, prevent or take other action in regards to illegal activity, suspected fraud or other mistakes.
With your consent or at your request
We may request your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will clarify the reason why we want to share information. We may use and share non-personal information (that is, information that does not identify who you are, such as device information, general demographics, data general behavior, geographical location), a form that can not be read by humans in any of the above circumstances. We can also share this information with other partner companies to develop and deliver targeted ads to our services and third-party sites or apps, and to analyze and report on the advertising you see. It is possible to combine this information with other non-personal information or personal information in read and non-human form, collected from other sources.
7. DATA TRANSFER
Information sharing may sometimes involve cross-border data transfers, for example in the United States and other jurisdictions. For example, if the service allows users to be in the European Union, and their personal information is transferred to non-EU countries. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other appropriate safeguards to allow the transfer of data from EU Member States to other countries. Standard contract terms are commitments between companies that transfer personal data, forcing them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
8. USER RIGHTS
You can control the information sent on FLOCA
- Access / update tools in service. Account tools and settings that help you access, correct, or delete the information you provide us and that are associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any questions about these tools and settings, please contact our customer support team for help at e-mail email@example.com
- Permissions for devices. Mobile platforms have permissions systems for certain types of data and device notifications, such as phonebook and location services, as well as push notifications. You can change settings on your device to allow or prevent you from collecting the appropriate information or displaying appropriate notifications. Of course, if you do, certain services may lose complete functionality.
- Delete. You can delete your account using the appropriate in service feature.
We want you to know your privacy rights. Here are some key points to remember:
- Information revision. The applicable laws concerning privacy, can give you the right to review the personal information we hold about you (depending on jurisdiction, this may be called the right of access, the portability or synonyms of those terms). You may request a copy of your personal information by entering such a request at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information update. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we no longer have the right to use it and you wish to request the rectification, erasure or object processing, please contact us at the email address email@example.com
For the security and protection of all our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before responding to the above requests.
Please note that we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is illegal or if it may violate commercial or intellectual property or the privacy of another user.
- Uninstall. You can stop the collecting of the information by uninstalling the app using the standard Uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app on your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you reinstall the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to reassemble this identifier with your previous transactions and activities.
- Responsibility. In some countries, including the European Union, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority if you have any doubts about how we process your personal information. The Data Protection Authority competent to resolve the complaint is that of the ordinary residence where you work in legal form or where you are settled.
9. US RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of California, you may request a notice revealing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. To request this announcement, please send your application to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within 30 days for an answer. For the protection of all our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before responding to such a request.
10. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA INFORMATION
We are hard at work to protect you from unauthorized access or modification, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to ensure your information, we do not promise and do not expect your personal information to remain safe.
We periodically monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly review our information gathering, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures.
We may suspend the use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect a breach of security. If you think your account or information is no longer safe, please let us know at the email address email@example.com
11. INFORMATION STORING
We retain your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as described in Section 5) and as permitted by applicable law. To protect our users' safety and security with respect to our services, we keep the information for three months after we delete the account. During this time, account information will be retained.
In practice, we delete your information three months after account deletion or after two years of inactivity, unless:
- We must maintain them in accordance with applicable law (for example, some "traffic data" are kept for one year to comply with legal data retention obligations);
- There is a problem, statement or dispute that forces us to keep relevant information until it is resolved.
- Information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as preventing fraud and increasing user safety and security. For example, information may be kept to prevent a user who has been banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents, from opening an account.
Our systems are designed to perform data deletion processes in accordance with the instructions above, but we can not promise that all data will be erased within a certain timeframe due to technical constraints.
12. CONFIDENTIALITY OF CHILDREN
Our services are limited to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not allow users under the age of 18 to access our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
13. CHANGING PRIVACY POLICIES
Because we are always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy can change over time. We will notify you before any significant changes come into effect so you have time to review the new changes.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you live in the European Union:
By postal service: Iasi , Aleea Pacurari Nr 12 Bl G2 Sc B Et 2 Ap 10 Romania Responsible for confidentiality: SC INOVATIE ALIA SRL
If you live outside the European Union:
By postal service: Iasi , Aleea Pacurari Nr 12 Bl G2 Sc B Et 2 Ap 10 Romania
Responsible for confidentiality: SC INOVATIE ALIA SRL
Floca Scaner DOES NOT collect your any information about you.
In Floca Scaner the app requests one permision to make functions of application work properly: permission CAMERA: To take picture to decode QR code and barcode.